May was a busy and fulfilling month! It included time with my family, time away with Kurt, and a really big life experience - we bought our first home!
That's right, Kurt and I finally have a trajectory and a loose timeline for what the summer months are going to look like for us. We'll be moving to Easton, Pennsylvania into a sweet little 1920s cottage that had been waiting on the market since November 2016 for someone to show it some love. Now that the inspection has been completed, we've been watching lots of Fixer Upper on Hulu and are dreaming about the small and large updates we hope to eventually make as we build our lives in Pennsylvania and in our new home. I'm really looking forward to using my PowerSheets to help me tackle all of these pieces, as there are a few things that still need to be finalized before we close in July. And I'm planning to begin chronicling the process of purchasing, moving, and updating our home after we move in August, so there will be many more updates still to come!
So with that big news shared, let's review my May goals!
- Finish strong with month three of Nancy Ray's Contentment Challenge - DONE! I never thought that participating in a three-month spending freeze would make me so energized, but it has! I'll be sharing more about what the experience has been like as well as a few things I learned about myself next week, so stay tuned!
- Schedule and have wine and canvas date night - MOSTLY DONE! While we weren't able to have our wine and canvas date night within the month of May, we did make our reservations for an evening in June!
- Schedule (and maybe have) Wakulla River kayaking date - MOSTLY DONE! Similarly to the wine and canvas date night, we identified and made reservations for the weekend in June that will work best for exploring the Wakulla River by kayak!
- Schedule massage appointment for after my early month travels - DONE! After a busy first part of the month, I was excited to take advantage of one of the gifts Kurt gave me for Christmas. It was a relaxing and much needed recharge during a busy month!
- Finish knitting the blanket I started for Kurt's Poppy - MOSTLY DONE! I have just a few more rows to finish that really won't take me too long to complete. It's my hope that this blanket will give Kurt's Poppy some warmth and comfort as he continues to mend.
- Start a new creative project - learning embroidery! - DONE! When I decided to make this a goal for myself, I ordered three beginner kits to work through. The first of those kits arrived in the last week of the month, and I wasted no time in getting started! For June, it will be my goal to finish and frame the project.
- Read one book from my 2017 Reading List - DONE! This month the PowerSheets book club read "You are Free" by Rebekah Lyons. It's the first book in a while that I really made me reflect about my life and my choices from the first page to the last.
- Pay off one credit card - DONE! One thing that has come as a result of participating in the Contentment Challenge is a surplus in our monthly budget. I was able to use those additional funds to pay off one of my credit cards this month - a really big step for us in lessening our debt!
- Begin our second round of fertility treatments - We are in progress! We are taking each step slowly and carefully, but remain optimistic and hopeful for what the outcome will be in June.
- Plan for and enjoy our last weekend at Disney World and Universal Studios - DONE! We had such a wonderful weekend enjoying the parks and the time away. I shared on Instagram that one of my favorite parts about the weekends we've spent in Orlando is the amount of time we DON'T spend on our phones. Kurt and I try to be intentional about phone time when we are together, and this is something I'm going to continue to focus on even when we aren't able to visit Disney World and Universal Studios as regularly anymore.
- Host my sister-in-law's baby shower, and have fun with my family! - DONE! The time we had at home in Pennsylvania for this shower was so full of love, of time with family, and the slightly unexpected decision of buying our first home. Earlier in May I shared a felt flag DIY project that I used for shower decorations, and as Kurt and I move through what is next for us this summer, I'll be sharing each step of the way!
As we move through June, I'll be focusing on the following goals.
- Continue our second round of fertility treatments
- Finish and frame my first embroidery project
- Have three "summer fun" dates - wine & canvas, kayaking and a beach day
- Read one book from my 2017 Reading List
- Begin to pack and plan for moving to our new home in Pennsylvania in August
- Travel for three work trips without feeling overwhelmed
As I work toward achieving my ten goals for 2017, I plan to share monthly reviews and updates with you all. To be honest, doing so helps keep me accountable and your encouragement helps keep me focused! I hope you look forward to these posts at the start of each month!
As a reminder, you can read more about all ten of my 2017 goals here. Do you have goals for 2017? If so, I'd love to know what they are! Comment below to share more about your goals for this year and how I can encourage you in achieving them this month. Happy June!